Winter Camp has been around a long time and it's the home of many creative minds. As a result, there are a lot of projects related to Winter Camp that are probably best described as weird or eccentric.
As we tighten our focus, it would probably make the most sense to just get rid of some of this stuff. But we can't.
The pages and projects below are some of the most Winter Campy things we've ever done. They represent creative ideas and, in some cases, a sustained effort to contribute something unusual.
- The Autograph Project
- This started out pretty simply. The idea was to create one of those photo walls you see on television in New York. Celbrities endorse their dry cleaner or deli or whatever. We thought it would be fun to have something like that for Winter Camp.
- We sent postcards to US cities with significant names (mostly last names of Winter Campers) and asked local postmasters to cancel and return them.
- Winter Campopoly
- Our own version of the classic game complete with tents and cabins.
- The Dig: An Excavating Project
- We thought it would be nice if the CHR Memorial had a basement storage area.
- We didn't play it at Winter Camp, but there are a bunch of Winter Campers in the pictures.
- The Ceremonial Committee
- Information on the Ceremonial Committee which really led to Winter Camp.
- Original Site
- This is here as much to remind me of where we started as much as anything else.
- he Winter Camp Mail Bag
- Some of the strangest letters and requests we've ever received.