Planning for Winter Camp XLIV Local
|General||Matt Grimble||Douglas Wilson|
|Local||Isabel Alderman||Steve Donohue|
Unfortunately due to the uncertainty of Michigan's Covid-19 situation, we have made the decision to cancel the Local component of Winter Camp XLIV.
Those wishing to have a Winter Camp experience this year (and really, why wouldn't you be?) can still participate in our other activities:
- At Camp December 27-8 and December 30-1 at D-bar-A Scout Ranch.
- At Camp December 27 - 31 at your house.
Check out what everyone else said:
- On Wednesday, 11-Nov-2020 20:26:10 EST, Steve said
- I was giving some thought to a menu for the Local event. We kind of have a couple of masters to serve. I think we want to hit at least some of the classic Winter Camp meals, but of course we ought to have a couple of new things since that's part of Winter Camp. I was thinking something like.
Lunch: Middle-Eastern in honor of the Egyptian mythos. This would be a new to us kind of thing I think. I have a good resource for recipes and ideas.
Dinner: Caveman (think of it as paleo-Roman)
Snack: Bake and Take Snack. Basically the Bakery Snack plus a loaf to take home for each person.
Breakfast: Jackpot Grits (easy and traditional)
Lunch: Congomerate? Maybe we send our leftovers to camp and do something else
Dinner: Mexican is usually very popular at camp.
- On Thursday, 15-Oct-2020 23:08:29 EDT, Steve said
- We are approved for an event on December 28 and 29 at First United Methodist Church in Dearborn; the same place as the chapter meeting.
- On Saturday, 10-Oct-2020 13:48:42 EDT, Steve said